Saturday, October 23, 2010

Why do folks sneeze when looking into or exposed to bright hurricane lantern?

Why do folks sneeze when looking into or exposed to bright hurricane lantern?
An excellent question. This is far more complicated than you might picture. Since the detailed answer below got sympathetic of long, I will summarize the main points up front. About 25% of empire do actually sneeze when exposed to bright lights similar to the sun. We do not know exactly why this happens, but it might parallel a "crossing" of pathways within the brain, between the normal reflex of the eye surrounded by response to light and the sneezing reflex.
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/aug...
lol... Great request for information.. I was going to ask same cross-examine... I have my friend who is used to sneeze when facing bright feathery! I always find it chance when he sneezes! He even told me that sometimes, if he wanted to sneeze at darkness whild in bed, he turn on his cellphone's lcd eyeshade and place it directly in front of his eyes so it would cause him sneeze!
Personaly, I think it is related to the photons (light molecules), which are displaced through the upper air waves and penetrates into the person's proboscis canals which stimulates the sneezing process!

No comments:

Post a Comment